The International Environmental Policy program at the Monterey Institute of
International Studies of Middlebury College has recently established a new
center, the Center for the Blue Economy. As part of the Center's inaugural
activities, and in recognition of the 30th anniversary of the signing of the
Law of the Sea Convention, we plan to hold a two-day conference on
international fisheries law, policy and economics on April 12-13, 2012,
which I will be coordinating. We are currently seeking panel proposals for
the conference and hope that some of you will be interested in
participating. Please send proposals to my attention by May 5, 2012; we hope
to make decisions by the early summer. Monterey, California is a glorious
place in the spring, and we hope to organize a number of side trips
associated with the conference to show off the region. Additional details on
the conference will follow soon for potential attendees.

Thanks, wil

Dr. Wil Burns

Visiting Professor, International Environmental Policy

Monterey Institute of International Studies

A Graduate School of Middlebury College

460 Pierce St

Monterey, CA 93940

wbu...@miis.edu