Dear Colleague:

The Curriculum in Global Studies (formerly the Curriculum in International
and Area Studies) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has
been authorized to search for a tenured faculty position at the Associate
Professor level.

The Associate Professor will have partial teaching responsibilities within
the Curriculum, alongside their responsibilities to their home academic
department. I write to ask if you know of one or more suitable
candidates.  Candidates
will have an outstanding record of research and teaching in global issues
and have a Ph.D. in one of the following disciplines: Geography, Political
Science, or Sociology.

If you know of any people who may be interested in this position, please
give them a copy of this announcement and encourage them to write to me,
Andrew Reynolds, Chair of the search committee, or to contact my office at
919-962-5442 if they have questions.  Please also post this announcement.

Global Studies (GLBL) is an interdisciplinary curriculum which focuses on
the ways in which global forces shape and transform political, economic and
cultural change (www.global.unc.edu/globalstudies). GLBL is one of the
fastest growing undergraduate majors at UNC and draws on faculty expertise
from across the university. The Curriculum is proposing a MA in Global
Studies degree program, which will offer a course of study designed to train
graduate students in issues of contemporary global significance and policy
relevance, in which this faculty member would teach.

I will be most grateful for any help you can give us in identifying
appropriate candidates and encouraging them to contact us.  In the meantime,
best wishes for a pleasant fall semester.

Sincerely,

Andrew Reynolds

Chair