Dear all,

I recognize this is not a comparative politics list-serv nor a
Latin-America specific one, so forgive me if I approach you with this
request, but I am really keen to submit a proposal for a comparative
project on water (or solid waste) governance in Latin America.

I am currently undertaking a comparative analysis of the socio-political
dynamics of waste pickers in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. I am trying to
understand how government approaches towards waste pickers vary across
countries. I would be keen to submit a joint proposal with someone who
works in this area in Brazil and someone in Argentina (the objective would
be a collective co-authored book, or an edited collection, depending on how
many case studies we explore) or even in different countries. The focus for
the LASA-FORD proposal is very much Latin America and cross-hemispheric.

I am also keen to explore different models of water governance in Latin
America and would be happy to be part of a proposal if someone is already
working in this area.

The deadline for a full proposal is *SEPTEMBER 14th*, so timing is really,
really tight. But hopefully we can put together a proposal (or two!).
Contact me directly instead of replying to the list-serve
(raul.pacheco-vega AT cide DOT edu). I have copied and pasted below the
call for proposals.

Thanks!
Raul

Dr. Raul Pacheco-Vega
Assistant Professor, Public Administration Division
CIDE, AC. (Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Economicas, A.C) Region Centro

Circuito Tecnopolo Norte S/N
Col. Hacienda Nueva
Aguascalientes, Ags. 20313
Mexico