Hi folks:

As many of you know, I'm the book review editor for Global Environmental
Politics.  The review process begins with me choosing books for review and
then seeking reviewers; if you're interested in being contacted generally
for possible reviewing opportunities, please send me a quick email with a
brief comment about your background and areas of interest/experience (and
you can include an abbreviated c.v. if you'd like).

Every couple years I also post here with some books I would like to have
reviewed and have not yet been able to find reviewers for. If you're
interested in indicating an interest in reviewing any of these books,
please let me know ASAP (again, along with your relevant background if I'm
unlikely to know your work).  We'll negotiate a mutually-agreeable
deadline, but those who indicate a willingness to get a review in soon will
likely receive priority.

*Single book reviews:*

Tun Mying, Governing International Rivers: Polycentric Politics in the
Mekong and the Rhine

Daanish Mustafa, Water Resource Management in A Vulnerable World: The
Hydro-Hazerdscapes of Climate Change

Olav Schram Stokke, Disaggregating International Regimes: A New Approach to
Evaluation and Comparison

Foote and Mazzolini, eds., Histories of the Dustheap: Waste, Material
Cultures, Social Justice

Vogel, The Politics of Precaution: Regulating Health, Safety, and
Environmental Risks in Europe and the United States

Any number of single-book reviews on climate change topics; let me know
your area of interest.

*Review essays* (multiple books on one of these topics reviewed
collectively, credited on the journal front page). Extra points if you're
willing to review by June 15.

-Local/Citizen participation in environmental governance:
    De Young and Princen, eds., The Localization Reader: Adapting to the
Coming Downshift
    Rask, Worthington, and Lammi, eds., Citizen Participation in Global
Environmental Governance
    Scruton, How To Think Seriously About the Planet: The Case for an
Environmental Conservatism

-Capitalism and its Discontents (capitalism/globalization and environmental
politics)
    Newell: Globalization and the Environment
    Parr: The Wrath of Capital: Neoliberalism and Climate Change Politics
    Miller: Consumption and its Consequences

-New Perspectives on Global Environmental Governance
     Stoett: Global Ecopolitics: Crisis, Governance, and Justice
     Biermann and Pattberg, eds., Gloval Environmental Governance
Reconsidered
     Young, On Environmental Governance: Sustainability Efficiency and
Equity

-Mining/Resource extraction
      Sawyer and Gomez, eds., The Politics of Resource Extraction:
Indigenous Peoples, Multinational Corporations, and the State
      Thorp et al., The Developmental Challenges of Mining and Oli
      Black, Crude Reality: Petroleum in World History

-Climate Change [many varieties of options here; let me know areas of
interest for either a review essay or single-book essay]

Thanks in advance for volunteering. Let me know if you have any questions.

Beth

Elizabeth R. DeSombre
Book Review Editor
Global Environmental Politics