Dear Colleagues,

Thank you to all who responded to my query about looking for promising possibilities amid the horrors of climate change.  The following is a list of suggestions.  Paul Wapner

Paul G. Harris, What's Wrong with Climate Politics and How to Fix It, (forthcoming, Polity, 2013)

Allen Thompson and Jeremy Bendik-Keymer, eds., Ethical Adaptation to Climate Change: Human Virtues of the Future, MIT 2012.

Joanna Macy, Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy, New World Publishers 2012

 German Adivsory Council on Global Change (WBGU), "New Social Contract for Sustainability,"

http://www.wbgu.de/en/home/

Mark Pelling, Adaptation to climate change, Routledge.

Or anything from http://cdkn.org

John Urry, Climate Change and Society, Polity 2011.

Mike Hulme, Why we Disagree about Climate Change.

Paul Gilding, The Great Disruption, Bloomsbury 2011.

Susanne Moser and Maxwell Boykoff, eds., Successful Adaptation to Climate Change: Linking Science and Policy in a Rapidly Changing World, Routledge 2013.

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415525008/

"Energiewende" (energy transition)

recent STS inflected work of David Hess at Vanderbilt University

John Dryzek, Richard Norgaard, and David Schlosberg, The Climate Challenged Society (forthcoming 2013)

Peter Newell & Matthew Paterson: Climate Capitalism. Cambridge 2010

L.S.Stavrianos, The Promise of the Coming Dark Age, San Francisco: W. H. Freeman & Co., 1976

Jodi A. Hilty, Charles C. Chester, And Molly S. Cross, eds., Climate and Conversation: Landscape and Seascape Science, Planning, And Action, Island Press.

http://islandpress.org/ip/books/book/islandpress/C/bo8451899.html

Biro, Andrew. (2012). "The Good Life in the Greenhouse? Autonomy, Democracy and Citizenship in a Warmer World." Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Western Political Science Association, Portland, OR.

(conference version available at:http://acadiau.academia.edu/AndrewBiro/Papers) .