Dear GEP-ed & STEP Colleagues:

We have exciting news! The 2012 impact factors (IF) were released this week,
and Global Environmental Politics had another excellent year in 2012. Its IF
was its highest-ever, at 2.630.  This places GEP 3rd out of 157 periodicals in
Political Science and 10th out of 90 publications in Environmental Studies. The
only journals ahead of GEP in PoliSci are American Journal of Political Science
and American Political Science Review.  It is a fantastic result, and our
friends at MIT Press are extremely pleased with the journal's performance.

Much credit goes to our fantastic authors, our dedicated Associate Editors and
Editorial Board, the exceptional work of GEP's previous editors Mat Paterson &
Jennifer Clapp, and the support and engagement of the broad and growing
intellectual community around international environmental politics and policy
research. Thank you all!

Sincerely,
--Kate O'Neill, Stacy D. VanDeveer & Susan Altman