From: gep-ed@googlegroups.com [mailto:gep-ed@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Pam
Chasek
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:53 PM
To: gep-ed@googlegroups.com
Subject: [gep-ed] Global Environmental Politics, 6th edition forthcoming -
review copies available

Hi everyone:

The sixth edition of Global Environmental Politics will be published over the
summer - in time for classes beginning in August/September.

Here is the blurb:

Although discussions about the global environment are now a daily
occurrence-from companies touting energy-saving products to politicians
debating how to best address the issue of climate change and other
environmental concerns-it remains a topic plagued by misinformation and
ideologically-skewed arguments. For more than twenty years, Global
Environmental Politics has provided an up-to-date, accurate, and unbiased
introduction to the world's most pressing environmental issues, and this new
edition continues the tradition.

With new material on the latest international environmental regimes; the impact
of the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20); the challenges of
regime implementation, especially in climate change governance; and the impact
of the global economic crises on the global environment, the authors offer
students a comprehensive, yet concise, overview of the environment and
international politics. It is vital reading for any student wishing to
understand the current state of the field and make informed decisions about
which policies might best safeguard our environment for the future.

If you would like to receive an examination copy, please send me your name,
title, department, mailing address, email and phone number.

Also, if you have used previous editions of the text book in class and would
like to submit an endorsement for the back of the book, please send it along.
David Downie and I will review any submitted blurbs and send a few to Westview.

Thanks so much!

Pam

Pamela Chasek, PhD
Executive Editor, Earth Negotiations Bulletin
IISD Reporting Services

300 East 56th Street #11D
New York, NY 10022 USA
+1-212-888-2737
E-mail: p...@iisd.org<mailto:p...@iisd.org>

International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
www.iisd.org<http://www.iisd.org>
IISD Reporting Services - Earth Negotiations Bulletin
www.iisd.ca<http://www.iisd.ca>
Subscribe for free to our publications
http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm