Colleagues & Friends,

I am very sorry to tell you that JoAnn Carmin died this morning after a long
fight with cancer.   She would want me to add that she beat back cancer several
times over many years.  This list is a strange way to notify people, but our
intellectual and personal communities are widely dispersed around the world.
JoAnn was an excellent and committed researcher, writer, educator, advocate for
justice and the environment, and friend and valued colleague to many.

She produced an impressive body of knowledge of which she was very proud:
http://web.mit.edu/jcarmin/www/carmin/Publications.htm

--Stacy

Stacy D. VanDeveer
Professor & Department Chair

University of New Hampshire
Dept. of Political Science
Horton SSC
Durham, NH 03824 USA

stacy.vandev...@unh.edu<mailto:stacy.vandev...@unh.edu>

Co-Editor, GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL POLITICS
http://www.mitpressjournals.org/loi/glep

 TTY Users: 7-1-1 or 800-735-2964 (Relay NH)

tel:
fax:
mobile:
Skype ID: