Kirsten,

Others could respond with greater insight from the perspective of the
UNFCCC negotiations, but the timing sounds right vis a vis the group of
Latin American countries that were pushing for inclusion of forests in the
climate treaty.  The efforts of a little known coalition called GRILA are
described on pp. 208- of the following chapter from Who Rules the Earth?:

http://goo.gl/nQ0bsT

Cheers,
Paul

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Kirsten Worm <kirstenw...@email.dk> wrote:

>  Dear gep-eds,
>
> Preparing for next weeks lecture I found the information that REDD+ was
> presented for the first time
> at the climate negotiations in Bali.
>
> Does anyone know by whom? Who  developed the idea? Are NGOs involved?
>
> I would appreciate any further information.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kirsten Worm,  M.A.,Ph.D
> Associate Professor
> Department of Political Science
> University of Copenhagen
>

> --

Paul F. Steinberg
Malcolm Lewis Chair in Sustainability and Society
Professor of Political Science & Environmental Policy
Harvey Mudd College
http://www.hmc.edu/steinberg

Department of Humanities, Social Sciences, & the Arts
301 East Platt Boulevard
Harvey Mudd College
Claremont, CA 91711
tel. 909-607-3840