Hi Gepers, ,

Looking to add a deep, rejuvenating experience to your summer and enhance your environmental teaching?  Please join us for the 5th Annual Summer Workshop, "Contemplative Environmental Practice."  Below are the details.  I'm happy answering any questions (pwap...@american.edu).

SUMMER WORKSHOP 2016

Contemplative Environmental Practice
Retreat for Professors and Activists

 Wednesday, July 27 – Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Lama Foundation
San Cristobal, New Mexico

This workshop brings together professors and activists to develop more skillful ways of confronting environmental challenges.  Specifically, it explores the role of contemplative practice in our pedagogical and activist efforts.  Through daily meditation, journal writing, nature walks, and other reflective exercises as well as scholarly discussion, we will probe the depths of the environmental crisis and develop resources to teach and work on behalf of global sustainability.

For those looking to learn about contemplative practices and how they can enhance environmental teaching or for those wanting to engage more fully with environmental issues, this workshop is for you!  Environmental dilemmas challenge our hearts as well as our heads and our ability to teach with an honest assessment of the environmental future.  This workshop provides resources for rising to the challenge by integrating our contemplative and professional lives in the service of more skillful pedagogy and environmental engagement.

Part workshop, part retreat, "Contemplative Environmental Practice" offers the chance to retool in the midst of stunning beauty and a supportive community.

Faculty:

*Paul Wapner, Professor of Global Environmental Politics, American University

*Kritee (Kanko), Scientist, Activist, Zen Teacher, Environmental Defense

Fund

*Jeff

Warren, Author and Meditation Instructor

For more informationhttp://www.american.edu/sis/gep/Contemplative-Environmental-Practice-Workshop.cfm

Cost: $980 (includes accommodations, all meals, and workshop fee; $810 for graduate students)

Sponsored by: Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education, & Global Environmental Politics Program, American University

Professor Paul Wapner
Global Environmental Politics Program
School of International Service
American University