From: Eduardo Viola [mailto:eduvi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 8:15 AM
To: Downie, David L. <ddow...@fairfield.edu>
Cc: Wil Burns <w...@feronia.org>; jrose...@iit.edu; Schreurs, Miranda
<miranda.schre...@fu-berlin.de>; gep-ed@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [gep-ed] good article on Obama and climate change

Dear Will and David,
Many thanks for the explanations about the dynamic of the Senate in that
period, being a Brazilian is more difficult to be aware about. My thought until
Today have been that Obama didn't have in 2009 the deepness in awareness and
scientific knowledge needed to prioritize climate change but now I am persuaded
the decision making was much more complex.
Best,
Eduardo

Eduardo Viola, PhD
Professor Titular - Full Professor
IREL - Institute of International Relations
UnB - University of Brasilia
C.P. 04306
70904-970,  Brasília  D.F.
Brazil