Colleagues:

Here is a quick update on the ADAPTING TO CLIMATE CHANGE: ACTIONS,
IMPLEMENTATIONS, and OUTCOMES workshop scheduled for April 28-May 1, 2017 at
the University of Notre Dame.

We have received 128 submissions from scholars located in 31 countries
(including 19 countries outside North America and Western Europe). This shows
the truly global dimension of the scholarly effort to study climate change
adaptation.  These scholars are located in diverse disciplines including
Architecture, Anthropology, Botany, Business, Economics, Environmental Studies,
Fisheries, International Studies, Law, Political Science, Psychology, Public
Policy, Science and Technology Studies, Sociology, Social Work, and Urban
Studies. We have also received proposals from scholars working for
NGOs, international organizations, and governmental ministries.

84 of the submissions are single authored while 44 involve multiple authors.
Women feature as authors or coauthors in about half of these submissions (60
out of 128).

We are truly humbled by the scale and quality of these proposals.This
amazing response reveals the tremendous vitality in the study of
climate change adaptation across disciplines. This is very good news
because scholars and practioners need to marshal their intellectual
resources and practical insights to develop appropriate responses to
the complex set of challenges that have social, political, economic,
managerial, and technical dimensions.

Sincerely,

Debra Javeline, University of Notre Dame (javel...@nd.edu)
Nives Dolsak, University of Washington, Seattle (ni...@uw.edu)
Aseem Prakash, University of Washington, Seattle (as...@uw.edu)

Aseem Prakash
Professor, Department of Political Science
Walker Family Professor for the College of Arts and Sciences
Founding Director, UW Center for Environmental Politics
39 Gowen Hall, Box 353530
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3530

http://faculty.washington.edu/aseem/