Gep-ed and STEP colleagues:

I am searching for master's students (thus, B.S./B.A. alumni or graduating this semester) to fund as part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Center for Coastal and Marine Ecosystems (CCME). The successful applicant(s) with work with me on social science research on coastal wildlife and fishery governance at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV), and will be integrated into an active research agenda involving a network of scholars at other institutions conducting related research.

Each position is fully funded at a rate of $16,500 per year plus tuition ($6,520/yr.) for two years starting Spring 2017.

Disciplinary background is open, including social sciences (e.g., geography, sociology, political science) and natural sciences (e.g., marine biology, environmental sciences). The selected student(s) will be expected to enroll in one of UTRGV's master's programs. Available alternatives include:

  • M.A. in Disaster Studies
  • Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
  • M.S. in Ocean, Coastal, and Earth Sciences

See the attached advertisement for more information, including application procedures and required and preferred qualifications.

Also, my colleagues are I are still searching for a postdoctoral fellow for research on fisheries governance. This position will be based at McGill University. Potential candidates can email me at owen.te...@utrgv.edu for more information.

Yours truly,

Owen Temby

Owen Temby, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
One West University Blvd.
Brownsville, Texas 78520
956-882-8821 (tel.)

Book Review Editor (environmental policy), Review of Policy Research