Dear GEP-Ed and Envirosoc folks,

I don't think this got properly announced, but GEC has just put up our
17-author editorial on Why Equity is Fundamental for Climate Change Policy
Research." It grew out of the Berlin conference in May, in response to
remarks by Bob Keohane. His response to our paper is linked in the first
footnote.

We wrote the piece for use in teaching, and to support young scholars
embarking on careers in this area. The exercise of articulating these
points help clarify some thinking for me. We'd welcome
comments/discussion--this area needs a lot of work. And we'll be building
an epistemic community in this area over the coming year, and plan a
workshop in Bonn May 15th at the German Development Institute, just blocks
from the UNFCCC SB negotiations.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959378016301285

Please let me know if you don't have access--it's behind the
Elsevier/Science Direct paywall, and this is, after all, about equity.

Best to all,
--
Timmons
On Twitter @timmonsroberts

J. Timmons Roberts
Ittleson Professor of Environmental Studies and Sociology
Brown University https://vivo.brown.edu/display/jr17
Non-Resident Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution, 2012-14
http://www.brookings.edu/experts/robertst