Hi Beth,

Perhaps the challenge of finding such a list rests on interpretation.  Many
thinkers see good news everywhere, especially with environmental trends.  Folks
like Bjorn Lomborg, Johan Norberg, Ronald Bailey, Deirdre McCloskey, and Anders
Bolling are always presenting ‘facts’ that demonstrate environmental
improvement.  Their work is controversial but persuasive to many.  It is part
of a broader orientation that tends to be optimistic about humanity’s fate,
seeing ‘progress’ everywhere.  I would put people like Steven Pinker, Hans
Rosling, and the infamous Juliann Simon in this category.  The New York Times
Book Review recently had a piece on Pinker and Rosling
https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2019/02/07/pinker-rosling-progress-accentuate-positive/.

Aside from thinkers, there are a number of outfits that present ‘good’
environmental news, such as
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/category/news/environment/, although I am
unsure if they track broad trends.

All the best,
Paul

Paul Wapner
Professor, Global Environmental Politics
School of International Service
American University
pwap...@american.edu<mailto:pwap...@american.edu>