Last week I did an interview with the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at the
University of Pennsylvania on partisan polarization over environmental issues
and climate change in particular that covered how it has evolved over the past
half century.  It provided a chance to not only trace the growth of
polarization over the decades but to tie it to waves of anti-environmentalism
and climate change denial.  Some of you may find it of interest, especially for
the historical perspective on our current situation.

It wasn't my best effort, as I had just endured a few hours of intense noise
from a chainsaw, stump-grinder and leaf blower as my next-door neighbor had a
couple trees removed, which drove home the fact that noise is indeed a
stressor!  But I managed to hit the key points I wanted to make.

The podcast is available here, and (I'm told) on ITunes.

https://kleinmanenergy.upenn.edu/energy-policy-now/how-democratic-republican-climate-rift-came-be

Riley E. Dunlap
Regents Professor of Sociology
and Dresser Professor Emeritus
Department of Sociology
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK  74078
405-744-6105

  *   Co-Editor, Climate Change and Society:  Sociological
Perspectives<https://global.oup.com/academic/product/climate-change-and-society-9780199356119?q=riley%20dunlap&lang=en&cc=us>
  *
HOMEPAGE<http://sociology.okstate.edu/people/directories/emeriti-faculty/dr-riley-dunlap>
  *   GOOGLE