PICS is hiring! Want to join our great team?

Two exciting career opportunities at PICS
Two years have gone fast. When PICS Associate Director Ged McLean joined the
Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) in November 2017, he could
commit to two years maximum, given his dream to embark on a multi-month sailing
adventure to the North-West passage through the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.

Like any good sailor, he knows when it is time to weigh anchor, and in 2020
PICS will be needing a new Associate Director with big sails to fill.
Applications are now open for the Associate Director position and we welcome
applications for this crucial role within our organization.

Ged McLean has been a driving force behind envisioning and implementing the new
PICS strategic research agenda including the launch of our exciting new
Opportunity Projects and $1M Theme Partnership Program. His immense
contribution means that PICS is now ready for its next chapter of growth and
impact - to further deepen and expand the institute’s network of climate
solution experts and leaders, who are working collaboratively on this most
urgent challenge of our time.

As part of that growth, PICS is hiring for a new position, Researcher in
Residence, Negative Emissions Technology, which offers an exceptional
opportunity to be at the cutting edge of climate solutions research and
engagement on negative emissions technologies. Part of the role will be working
with the international team behind our newly announced Solid Carbon Theme
Partnership project, which plan to turn the greenhouse gas CO2 into rock, by
permanently injecting it beneath the Earth’s ocean floor.

PICS has a mission to help Canada and the world drive towards net-negative
emissions with adapted and resilient communities and ecosystems. We invite
appropriately qualified candidates to consider joining our dedicated team.
Please feel free to share with your networks.

Warm regards

Sybil Seitzinger  (PICS executive director)

Associate Director position

Researcher in Residence, Negative Emissions Technology

Hannah M. Teicher M.Arch. PhD

Researcher in Residence, Built Environment

Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions

pics.uvic.ca

E: pic...@uvic.ca

M: 250.634.0670