I can’t vouch for this project or person, but perhaps of interest for some with
bright undergrads.
Have students pursue at their own risk.

From: tbro...@college.harvard.edu [mailto:tbro...@college.harvard.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 12:05 PM
To: Ronald Mitchell <rmitc...@uoregon.edu>
Subject: Requesting Submissions for New Undergraduate Research Journal

Dear Professor Ronald Mitchell,

My name is Thomas Brooks, and I am the co-founder and chief technical advisor
of the Ivy Journal of Economics and Politics, a new integrative publication
from students at Harvard, Dartmouth, Yale, and Cornell.  Our journal consists
of articles at the intersection of economics and politics authored by students
from around the nation and the world. Our editorial board is currently seeking
pieces for our inaugural edition, to be released in the spring of this year,
and we respectfully request that you notify students in your class and on your
campus about the opportunity to place their scholarship in our journal.

Opportunities for students to publish scholarship are few and far between, even
though they author a sizable amount of high-quality research. We believe that
students should be given a fair shot to publish the work they produce, as
published work can give students a big leg up in the hunt for fellowships,
internships, and jobs.

Our journal reaches a wide audience. With an online format that is easily
accessible worldwide at
www.ivyjep.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/college-harvard-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1LJHc62h7cxdtWinZVlGRPtRQF5h8d6tac36QzgTXZ6c-0&key=YAMMID-30671709&link=http*3A*2F*2Fwww.ivyjep.com*2F__;JSUlJQ!!C5qS4YX3!QyqVyCfXSg7kDIvACmTtqxSkB3eupvOZXk7xiLfV0KmhGiNdNXI1dBkdulT-jwfZOA$>,
 we provide a unique platform for authors to share their ideas with readers at
universities, think tanks, and government agencies. When we release our issue
this spring, we will send a copy out to academic departments and organizations
around the country in order to maximize the exposure of our authors’ work.

The Ivy Journal of Economics and Politics  accepts submissions of any length,
as long as the subject matter is topical.  Possible submissions could include
research papers, essays, articles, and theses,written for either a class or an
independent project. The deadline to submit a paper for our spring issue is the
end of February, and we ask authors to submit their work via our website,
www.ivyjep.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/college-harvard-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1LJHc62h7cxdtWinZVlGRPtRQF5h8d6tac36QzgTXZ6c-0&key=YAMMID-30671709&link=http*3A*2F*2Fwww.ivyjep.com*2F__;JSUlJQ!!C5qS4YX3!QyqVyCfXSg7kDIvACmTtqxSkB3eupvOZXk7xiLfV0KmhGiNdNXI1dBkdulT-jwfZOA$>.

Our board would be grateful if you would publicize this opportunity on your
campus.  Please feel free to forward or post my email as you see fit, and we
hope that your students decide to submit their scholarship to the Ivy Journal
of Economics and Politics.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best regards,

Thomas N. Brooks

Chief Technical Advisor, The Ivy Journal of Economics and Politics

w:
www.ivyjep.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/college-harvard-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1LJHc62h7cxdtWinZVlGRPtRQF5h8d6tac36QzgTXZ6c-0&key=YAMMID-30671709&link=http*3A*2F*2Fwww.ivyjep.com*2F__;JSUlJQ!!C5qS4YX3!QyqVyCfXSg7kDIvACmTtqxSkB3eupvOZXk7xiLfV0KmhGiNdNXI1dBkdulT-jwfZOA$>
 — c: (626) 755 - 9173 — e:
tbro...@college.harvard.edu<mailto:tbro...@college.harvard.edu>