Dear all,

Please see the link below for an exciting postdoc vacancy with our group and
our friends at the Rural Sociology group on the links between regenerative
agriculture and convivial conservation. It is part of a package of 15 postdocs
across the social sciences at Wageningen University, several of which may be
interesting to folks on the list. Please do spread the message to potential
candidates.

Best wishes,
Bram

https://www.wur.nl/en/article/We-are-looking-for-15-Postdocs-in-social-sciences.htm

Project 4: Tackling crises in the countryside: an integrative approach to
Regenerative Agriculture, Circular Agri-food systems and Convivial Conservation
Food, farming, and conservation face major, interrelated challenges in the
countryside, yet are treated as largely independent in research and policy.
This postdoc will explore regenerative agriculture and convivial conservation
as two paradigms that aim to address these challenges. The key questions are:
(1) how can the two paradigms be integrated into a holistic approach, and (2)
how can this integrative approach help sustain biodiversity, livelihoods,
social equity?
Next to developing an integrated approach and assessing the impacts of its
application at different integrative levels, the postdoc is expected to
disseminate findings and develop an acquisition portfolio.

  *   PhD in Sociology, Geography, Anthropology or Political Ecology
  *   Position for 3 years
For more information contact you can contact me or my colleages Dr. Mindi
Schneider<mailto:mindi.schnei...@wur.nl>, Sociology of Development and Change
Group, or Dr. Dirk Roep<mailto:dirk.r...@wur.nl>, Rural Sociology Group

--------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Bram Büscher

Professor and chair, sociology of development and
change<https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/sdc.htm>,
 Wageningen University & Research
Visiting Professor, Department of Geography, Environmental Management and
Energy Studies<https://www.uj.ac.za/faculties/science/geography> - University
of Johannesburg
Research Associate, Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology,
Stellenbosch University<http://www0.sun.ac.za/sociology/>

De Leeuwenborch, Hollandseweg 1, 6707 KN Wageningen, Netherlands.
T: +31317482015 E: bram.busc...@wur.nl<mailto:bram.busc...@wur.nl>.
I: http://brambuscher.com<http://brambuscher.com/> /
https://convivialconservation.com/

Senior editor Conservation & Society: please consider submitting a paper! See:
http://www.conservationandsociety.org/<http://www.conservationandsociety.org./>
New book: The Conservation Revolution: Radical Ideas for Saving Nature Beyond
the
Anthropocene<https://www.versobooks.com/books/3149-the-conservation-revolution>
(Verso, 2020, with Robert Fletcher)
For recent publications, see: https://brambuscher.com/publications/