Dear Colleagues,

I write to share with you info about a postdoctoral position at NYU
Shanghai. Details of the position are posted online at
https://apply.interfolio.com/73215. I also paste them below for
your reference. Please help us spread the word to anyone in your network
who may be interested. Thanks.

*Postdoctoral Fellow, NYU Shanghai and the Center for Environmental and
Animal Protection*

*Description*NYU Shanghai and the Center for Environmental and Animal
Protection (CEAP) at NYU New York invite applications for a Postdoctoral
Fellow to work on “Bending the Curve: Meat and Dairy Production and
Consumption in China.”  The Postdoctoral Fellow will be jointly supervised
by Professor Yifei Li (NYU Shanghai) and Dale Jamieson (CEAP). Postdoctoral
Fellow will be based in Shanghai and be part of the NYU Shanghai academic
community. We offer a generous compensation package, funds to support
research and travel, and aim to offer access to NYU faculty housing.

Bending the Curve is a three-year project focused on understanding present
and future trends in animal protein consumption in the PRC and on producing
recommendations for actions and policies that would reduce consumption from
the “business as usual” projections. The work will involve inventorying and
understanding present consumption and trend lines, understanding and
inventorying present incentives and disincentives for production and
consumption, and providing recommendations and engagement with key
stakeholders.

The responsibilities of the successful applicant will be quite diverse
including conducting research, planning workshops, and managing data. The
Postdoctoral Fellow will be centrally involved in publishing project
results in refereed journals and in preparing occasional briefings for a
broader audience.

NYU Shanghai is the third degree-granting campus within New York
University’s global network. It is the first higher education joint venture
in China authorized to grant degrees that are accredited in the U.S. as
well as in China. All teaching is conducted in English. A research
university with liberal arts and science at its core, it resides in one of
the world's great cities with a vibrant intellectual community. NYU
Shanghai recruits scholars of the highest caliber who are committed to
NYU's global vision of transformative teaching and innovative research and
who embody the global society in which we live.

*Qualifications*Qualifications include a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a
relevant field, fluency in both English and Chinese, ability to work with
both English and Chinese data, and familiarity with multiple methods of
social science research.

*Application Instructions*Interested applicants should submit a CV, contact
information for three academic referees, and a cover letter addressing
research, academic interests, and interest in this project.

Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled.  The appointment can begin on May 1st, 2020 and preferably no
later than July 1st 2020.  Please visit our website at
http://shanghai.nyu.edu/en/about/work-here/open-positions-faculty for
instructions and other information on how to apply. If you have any
questions, please e-mail shanghai.faculty.recruitm...@nyu.edu.

Cheers,
Yifei

Yifei Li
Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies, New York University Shanghai
Global Network Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Studies,
New York University

Email: yifei...@nyu.edu, URL: http://yifei.li/, Phone: +86 21 20595202; +01
608 616 0417
Address: Room 1203, NYU Shanghai, 1555 Century Avenue, Shanghai 200122,
China

Check out my latest research article: Bureaucracies count: environmental
governance through goal-setting and mandate-making in contemporary China
<https://doi.org/10.1080/23251042.2018.1492662>
Or my co-authored review article: China’s summons for environmental
sociology <https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392118778098>