Dear gep-ed colleagues,

I’m forwarding the announcement below at the request of Prof. Bastiaens.
Please direct queries to her.

Best,
Michael Maniates

Dear Michael,

I am writing to ask if I could post a call for a special issue on the
environment and welfare on your google group and/or mailing list. The
information is below.

Thank you,

Ida

Dear Colleagues,

I wish to advertise a call for submissions to a new Special Issue on the
environment and welfare in the journal Sustainability. Please see
here<https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability/special_issues/welfare_implications>
 for more information.

This Special Issue will focus on examining how environmental changes influence
the distribution of welfare in societies in countries beyond the OECD. This is
particularly salient in our world today where local environmental conditions
and policies have increasingly impactful welfare ramifications at home and
abroad. Typically, the poorest and most vulnerable among us in developing
countries are most affected by environmental changes and, consequently, have to
bear the social consequences. Both environmental changes and welfare are
broadly defined for this Special Issue. For example, environmental changes may
encompass climate change, environmental degradation, environmental
externalities of economic activity of multinational corporations, and
environmental policies, whereas welfare may include topics such as income
inequality, poverty, public goods and services, and social mobility or
opportunities. This Special Issue seeks to explore interconnections across such
phenomena. We encourage submissions to explore both domestic and international
sources of environmental change and policy.

The following are examples of topics of interest for this Special Issue:

  *   Effect of pollution and other environmental externalities of globalized
production and trade on welfare distributions in host nations
  *   Impact of global environmental policies and practices, such as in
treaties, on welfare conditions in signatories
  *   Role of climate change on human development and welfare in developing
countries

This Special Issue aims to contribute to a more systematic understanding of the
influence of environmental changes on the distribution of welfare in societies
typically belonging to the marginalized regions of the world.

We look forward to your contributions.

Prof. Dr. Carina Schmitt
Dr. Ida Bastiaens
Guest Editors