The Climate Policy Lab (CPL) at the Center for International Environment and
Resource Policy (CIERP), The Fletcher School, Tufts University, is seeking
postdoctoral and/or senior visiting fellows (either practitioners or visiting
faculty).  To apply: https://apply.interfolio.com/82350

We seek individuals with a highly independent research capacity, strong written
and oral communication skills, and rich experience in cross-country
comparisons.  We are open to all areas of climate policy.  We have particular
interest in low-carbon growth (green industrialization, industrial policy,
green stimulus). Our other research themes include energy-technology innovation
(EVs, storage, digital, tech transfer, role of private sector and state-owned
enterprises), climate finance (domestic and overseas policies, global
institutions, development finance including China’s BRI), resilient development
(water, migration, food systems), sustainable agriculture, and climate policy
process and performance (including in net zero and decarbonization strategies).
The CPL has particular interest in emerging economies including China, India,
and Ethiopia.

Research work will be conducted under the supervision of Professor Kelly Sims
Gallagher, CPL Director, and Professor Amy Myers Jaffe, CPL Managing Director.
The postdoctoral or senior fellow will work on individual projects as well as
collaboratively with the CPL Director, Managing Director, and other members of
the CPL research team, including faculty, pre- and postdoctoral research
fellows, and student research assistants. Fellows are expected to attend and
participate in our regularly scheduled team meetings and seminars. In addition,
when appropriate and requested, they will be expected to represent CPL at
public events and in academic fora, and to contribute to CPL’s engagements with
funders, partnering research institutions, and policy makers. The work is to be
conducted virtually for now, until the university deems it safe to work in the
office and meet in person.

Postdoctoral Research Fellows are expected to produce at least two publishable
academic papers per year, compose blog posts and other short-form policy briefs
based on research findings, attend all CPL events, present at least once in our
research seminar series, and contribute to the organization and hosting of
workshops and roundtables. Positions start in early 2021 and end December 31,
2021, with the possibility of renewal subject to performance and continuation
of funding.

Senior Visiting Fellows will be visiting faculty or senior practitioners from
government or industry with demonstrated experience with climate policy. They
will produce at least one significant written product or series of shorter
products per year, compose blog posts and other short-form policy briefs based
on research findings, attend all CPL events, present at least once in our
research seminar series, and contribute to the organization of workshops and
roundtables (expectations will be adjusted depending on the time period). We
can offer 3, 6, 9, and 12-month appointments starting in early 2021 with the
possibility of renewal subject to performance and continuation of funding.

Applications from political science, business, law, economics, and
interdisciplinary backgrounds are welcome. Compensation is based on experience.

Qualifications

Postdoctoral Research Fellows:

  *   PhD in related field (dissertation defense completed) within the last
five years;
  *   Excellent analytical skills;
  *   Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and writing);
  *   Experienced in working with multicultural and multidisciplinary research
teams;
  *   Capacity to work independently as well as in team environments;
  *   Value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a
cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.

Senior Visiting Fellows

  *   For visiting faculty, PhD required; for senior practitioners, PhD or
master’s degree preferred;
  *   Excellent analytical skills;
  *   Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and writing);
  *   Experienced in working with multicultural and multidisciplinary research
teams;
  *   Capacity to work independently as well as in team environments;
  *   Value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a
cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.

Application Instructions

Interested individuals should submit the following no later than February 1,
2021:

  *   A cover letter demonstrating their interest and the amount of time they
wish to apply for;
  *   A current curriculum vitae;
  *   Contact information for two references;
  *   Writing sample: EITHER a research paper of minimum 5,000 words
(postdoctoral and visiting faculty applicants) OR a sample of policy writing,
such as a policy brief, white paper, or op ed (senior practitioners).

An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at
the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.

For questions about this position please contact Amy Myers Jaffe, Climate
Policy Lab Managing Director at
amy.ja...@tufts.edu<mailto:amy.ja...@tufts.edu>. Please submit all applications
via Interfolio.

Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.