Dear GEP Colleagues,

Can anyone recommend a well-written article that provides practical tips on
how to engage in interdisciplinary collaborations?

I am on a committee designing a new required course on "social impact" at
Harvey Mudd College, which consists of STEM majors pursuing a well-rounded
education including the humanities, social sciences, and the arts.

As the folks on this list-serve know well, to have a positive impact on the
world requires collaboration across social and professional boundaries.  I
would like to assign one or more readings (or other instructional media)
that would be appropriate for advanced undergraduates.  We already have
solid readings on community engagement strategies.

If you know of excellent materials that would perhaps not be ideal for
students, those could still provide useful content for associated lectures
and discussions.

Thank you in advance for any leads.   Following GEP-ed norms, kindly reply
to me rather than to the whole group, and I will compile the replies and
share them out in short order.

With best wishes,

Paul Steinberg

--
Paul F. Steinberg
Professor of Political Science and Environmental Policy