Dear all,

Delighted to share this post on behalf of Holly, she is hiring for an exciting
new project of ours looking at carbon removal's potential benefits, risks, and
feasibility in the USA. See below, and write to Holly directly if you have any
questions.

Sincerely,

Benjamin

https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/30157<https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/30157>

Posting Details
Fiscal Year
2021-2022
Position Title
Postdoctoral Associate
Classification Title
Postdoctoral Associate
Department
Environment and Sustainability
Posting Number
R2100143
Posting Link
https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/30157
Employer
Research Foundation
Position Type
RF Professional
Type
Full-Time
Appointment Term
Salary Grade
E.8
Position Summary
The Department of Environment and Sustainability invites applications from
highly motivated social science PhDs with an interest in the social dimensions
of emerging approaches to confront climate change.

The successful applicant will join PI Dr. Holly Buck and the research team to
conduct research on how communities in different regions of the US appraise
carbon removal's potential benefits, risks, and feasibility.  We're also
exploring how publics want to engage with the research and development of
carbon removal and other technologies to reduce climate risk.

In this position, you will:

*         Travel to conduct interviews and focus groups at five sites across
the US, both independently and in collaboration with the research team.
*         Assist in preparing a nationally representative survey.
*         Work with a team of researchers to code and analyze qualitative and
quantitative data.
*         Write up results for peer-reviewed publications.
*         Present key findings at academic conferences.
*         Collaborate on briefing policymakers, NGOs, and other actors on
research findings.

Expected grant-funded travel is 5-6 months over 2 years.  Remote working
arrangements during non-fieldwork periods may be possible for candidates unable
to relocate to Buffalo.

This position is affiliated with the Department of Environment and
Sustainability at the University at Buffalo (UB), a large R1 Research
University on the shores of Lake Erie.

Funding is available for two years.  The preferred start date is September 1
2021.

Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal
rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also
focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic
pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our
benefits website to learn about our benefit
packages<http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.html%22%3e>.
UB and the Department of Environment and Sustainability are strongly committed
to diversity within our community, and we especially welcome applications from
persons of color, women, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations
and gender identities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and others who may
contribute to the further diversification of ideas.

As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation
will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and
veteran or disability status.
Minimum Qualifications
Ph.D. in a social science field required (geography, sociology, anthropology,
science and technology studies, environmental studies, or related fields).
Ph.D. must have been conferred within 5 years of appointment date.

Ability to take initiative and manage projects with minimal supervision,
including strong time management skills.

Experience in qualitative research methods, such as focus groups and interviews.

Success in communicating with and listening to people from many cultural
backgrounds.

Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge about climate change policy and decarbonization strategies are an
advantage; candidates with familiarity in other human-environment topics also
invited.

Ability to write for multiple audiences and multiple disciplines.

Basic familiarity with survey research.

Physical Demands
Salary Range
$60,000
Work Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 A.M.
40 hours per week.

Campus
North Campus
Posting Alerts
Special Instructions Summary

Contact's Name
Holly Buck
Contact's Title
Assistant Professor of Environment and Sustainability
Contact's Email
hbu...@buffalo.edu<mailto:hbu...@buffalo.edu>
Contact's Phone
(716) 645-0135