Dear all,

After a COVID19 hiatus, we are back to organizing our annual Wageningen
Political Ecology PhD school, this year in the European spring from 3-7 April
2023. The theme this year is: The Natures of Life and Death: Political
Ecologies of Collapse, Transformation and Revival. We are very excited that
Prof Kate Rigby (Un of Cologne) and Prof Maria Kaika (Un of Amsterdam) will be
giving guest seminars, and together with fantastic Wageningen University
political ecology colleagues deliver an intensive political ecology deep-dive.

The spring school will give motivated PhD students the chance to deepen their
knowledge on diverse political ecological approaches to contemporary
environmental crises, strategies for conservation and environmentalism in
response to the crises, and the broader processes of transformation these are
part of.

We hope this message reaches many PhD students. For more information:
https://www.wur.nl/en/activity/the-natures-of-life-and-death-political-ecologies-of-collapse-transformation-and-revival-4-ects.htm.

Best wishes,

Bram

--------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Bram Büscher

Professor and chair, sociology of development and
change<https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/sdc.htm>,
 Wageningen University & Research
Visiting Professor, Department of Geography, Environmental Management and
Energy Studies<https://www.uj.ac.za/faculties/science/geography> - University
of Johannesburg

De Leeuwenborch, Hollandseweg 1, 6707 KN Wageningen, Netherlands.
T: +31317482015 E: bram.busc...@wur.nl<mailto:bram.busc...@wur.nl>.
I: http://brambuscher.com<http://brambuscher.com/> /
https://convivialconservation.com/ / https://truthaboutnature.com/

Senior editor Conservation & Society: please consider submitting a paper! See:
https://conservationandsociety.org.in/<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fconservationandsociety.org.in%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cbram.buscher%40wur.nl%7Cce559d22a19b4803308a08d936cd902f%7C27d137e5761f4dc1af88d26430abb18f%7C0%7C0%7C637601078789785967%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Jb%2FXJ63S61WQxjIbzq%2Fde5v0z1AMrzYhF3R%2F1eids9w%3D&reserved=0>

New books: The Conservation Revolution: Radical Ideas for Saving Nature Beyond
the
Anthropocene<https://www.versobooks.com/books/3149-the-conservation-revolution>
(Verso, 2020, with Robert Fletcher); The Truth about Nature. Environmentalism
in the Era of Post-truth Politics and Platform
Capitalism<https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520371453/the-truth-about-nature>
(University of California Press, 2021)
For recent publications, see: https://brambuscher.com/articles/ and
https://brambuscher.com/books   <https://brambuscher.com/books/>