Dear GEP-ed:

We are recruiting an exciting post-doc focused on Climate Crisis, Risks,
and Responses in Latin America or focused on Latinx communities in the U.S.
I am on the search committee so happy to respond to/and/or redirect your
questions as needed. Please help spread the word; we are on a rather tight
deadline here. -Prakash

The Brandeis University Latin American, Caribbean and Latinx Studies and
Environmental Studies invite applications for the Madeleine Haas Russell
Postdoctoral Fellow in Climate Crisis, Risks, and Responses. This is a
two-year position, beginning Fall term 2023 and is subject to budgetary
approval.

We seek a scholar whose work focuses on the effects of climate change
and/or responses to them, in Latin America, the Caribbean or for Latinx
groups in the United States. Topics could include climate science, broadly
construed, in Latin America and the Caribbean; environmental and climate
justice in the region and in the diaspora; green/climate-extractivism;
effects of climate risks, such as migration, political conflict, health,
and poverty; risks and burdens of maladaptation; responses of indigenous
and Afrodescendant groups to climate change and their active engagement in
the processes of policymaking and development of climate action; and
Latinax climate movements. We are open to multiple disciplines and
quantitative, qualitative or mixed methodologies.

More information/link to apply:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/24255

Prakash Kashwan, Ph.D. (Google Scholar
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=SRC3hyMAAAAJ&hl>; Website
<https://kashwan.net/>)
Associate Professor of Environmental Studies
Affiliated Faculty, Heller School for Social Policy & Management
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA

Editor, Environmental Politics
Vice Chair/Program Chair, Environmental Studies Section, International
Studies Association (ISA)