Colleagues:

As co-guest editors, we are pleased to announce the online publication of the
Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly Symposium on Climate Change and the
Voluntary Sector. This symposium project began with a call for papers for an
online conference on “Climate
Change and the Voluntary Sector." We issued a call for papers in December 2020
and received
34 submissions from scholars located in 12 countries. We short-listed 20 for
the online conference in August 2021.  After the conference, the guest editors
identified 10 papers for submission to the journal. Following the standard peer
review process, we conferred with the NVSQ editors to select five manuscripts
for inclusion in this symposium. We are delighted to present these articles
below.

1.    Climate Change and the Voluntary Sector: An
Introduction<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/08997640231172523__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQci9_py4Rg$>,
      Beth Gazley and Aseem Prakash

2.    The Third Sector and Climate Change: A Literature Review and Agenda for
Future
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221123587__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQciwAdm2ZQ$>
      Research and
Action<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221123587__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQciwAdm2ZQ$>
      Jennifer A. Kagan and Jennifer Dodge

3.    Nonprofit Sector Size and the Breadth of Local Government Climate
Actions: Exploring the       Moderating Role of
Collaboration<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221146967__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcg6GryxYQ$>
      Yuan (Daniel) Cheng, Angela Park, and Rachel Krause

4.    Adapted to Climate Change? Issue Portfolios of Environmental
Nongovernmental
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221146962__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcgypKRMGA$>
      Organizations in the
Americas<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221146962__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcgypKRMGA$>
      Jale Tosun and Emiliano Levario Saad

5.    Characteristics of Large Environmental Nonprofits That Identify Climate
Change and Social       Justice as Focal
Concerns<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221138264__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcj1vxKmmw$>
      Erik W. Johnson, Azdren Coma, and Sam Castonguay

6.    Resilience in Recovery? Understanding the Extent, Structure, and
Operations of Nonprofits       Meant to Address Disaster Survivors’ Unmet
Needs<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221138265__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcjhYtGqdw$>
      Michelle Annette Meyer, Mason Alexander-Hawk, J. Carlee Purdum, Haley
Yelle, Jordan Vick,
      Adrian Rodriguez, Saul Romero, and Kenneth Anderson Taylor

Thanks,

Beth Gazley & Aseem Prakash
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/08997640221123587__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQciwAdm2ZQ$>

ASEEM PRAKASH
Professor, Department of Political Science
Walker Family Professor for the College of Arts and Sciences
Founding Director, UW Center for Environmental Politics
University of Washington, Seattle

aseemprakash.net<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://aseemprakash.net/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gBE6V6vIdbi5Tdh240mdA5pVO2bla7CZu96k888zGL2XU0SGICrd8tQJLE3pMZePQcj5QnGZ8Q$>