Dear Colleagues,

I belong to a new organization called Political Scientists for
Sustainability<http://www.sustainablepolisci.org/> which seeks to promote
environmentally responsible practices in our profession.  We have crafted a
petition that calls on the four largest U.S. political science associations –
APSA, MPSA, SPSA, and WPSA – to adopt a four-year trial of alternating between
in-person and fully online conferences, in order to lower the climate harms of
our activities and make conferences more inclusive.

You can read the petition here:
http://www.sustainablepolisci.org/flylessconnectbetter.html

We also provide a supporting document with more detailed information and
discussion:http://www.sustainablepolisci.org/petition-supplement.html

If you agree with the petition, please consider adding your signature
here:http://www.sustainablepolisci.org/flylessconnectbetter.html.  Please feel
free to share it with friends and colleagues who you think might be interested
in signing it.

If you have any questions, please ask.  Anticipating one question – you do not
need to be a member of APSA to sign, though you will see that there is question
before you sign asking whether you’ve ever been a member.  One advantage of
virtual conferences that we highlight is inclusivity in many forms, including
making it easier for colleagues from distant countries to participate.

Thank you for considering signing the petition.

Kathy

Kathryn Harrison
Professor of Political Science
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC
Canada V6T 1Z1
Tel: 604 822-4922

I work on the traditional, ancestral, unceded territories of the Musqueam,
Squamish, and Tsleil Waututh peoples.