Dear Colleagues,

Immerse yourself in the realm of climate fiction through the Ultimate Cli-Fi
Book Club <https://www.aashe.org/calendar/cli-fi-2023>. Commencing on August 3,
the short course offers a five-month exploration of thought-provoking novels
that facilitate introspection and discourse surrounding our planet's
predicament. Participate in the intellectual exchange, engage in
interdisciplinary discussions, and connect with faculty and sustainability
professionals. Reserve your place today and begin your literary journey with
the first book, "Ministry for the Future" by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Together, let's explore how the convergence of science, economics, engineering,
psychology, humanities, communication, and storytelling can shape a new and
hopeful future for our planet.

Hope to see you there!

Daita

PS If you’re not yet convinced to join, I hope this quote from a past
participant will provide the incentive you need:
“As a two-year member of the AASHE Ultimate Cli Fi Book Club for Sustainability
in Higher Education, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and recommend the
club to anyone interested in sustainability education, especially the
sustainability of our planet’s climate! The book club host, Krista Hiser, has a
knack for selecting climate fiction (and related) books for the group to read
and discuss, especially Ministry for the Future, and her guidance and
leadership during these very interesting conversations has been helpful in
synthesizing key points, both those related to the overall climate education
topic, teaching practices, and form-and-style issues. The discussion board and
library have also been helpful to share resources, ideas, and related projects.
Krista’s encouragement of club participants to share how they themselves have
used the readings and ideas to advance sustainability education is much
appreciated. I myself have shared our sessions’ overall learnings by
incorporating them into my professional talks, my classes, and my
climate-related publications. The club has also inspired me, a lifelong
sustainable business academic, to make initial attempts at writing climate
fiction myself! For all these reasons, and because AASHE’s staff so adeptly
organize and overse the technological aspects of the sessions, I strongly
encourage anyone interested in sustainability-oriented education to join (and
enjoy) this aptly named Ultimate Cli-Fi Book Club!”
Mark Starik, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer, University of Wisconsin Extended Campus
Sustainability Management Program

—
Daita Serghi, PhD
Senior Education Manager
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
www.aashe.org | daita.ser...@aashe.org | (888) 347-9997 ext. 124

--
 <https://www.aashe.org/conference/>