Dear colleagues -

I hope you’re well. We are again in the dreaded summer’s-end-is-approaching
part of the academic calendar, and I want to remind folks about the Climate
Change Syllabus Bank. The central idea behind it is to make it easier for
instructors to teach climate change — whether they are teaching the topic for
the first time, or improving a course they’ve taught for years. Developing a
syllabus can be a barrier, so we offer existing syllabi, for free, to potential
instructors. This is an all-volunteer, imperfect, organic effort to try to help
instructors out and do some good on climate change. The Syllabus Bank has grown
and improved over the years it’s been operational, and it now has other
resources beyond syllabi, like links to simulations and more. To date, we’ve
had over 11,000 visitors to the website. Please feel free to use (and
contribute to) the Syllabus Bank! Details below.

To access the Syllabus Bank, go here:
https://watson.brown.edu/climatesolutionslab/syllabus-bank
<https://watson.brown.edu/climatesolutionslab/syllabus-bank>

To submit your syllabus, follow the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTDGnl7u1_evbPhJ_MMSTqyUXEQMyJX6xrbGQo6C0ZemlIcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTDGnl7u1_evbPhJ_MMSTqyUXEQMyJX6xrbGQo6C0ZemlIcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>

After you submit, the new Climate Solutions Lab at Brown will process the data
and make all the syllabi available to others. For more info on the Climate
Solutions Lab, please follow us on Twitter @ClimateSolLab or check our website
https://watson.brown.edu/climatesolutionslab/
<https://watson.brown.edu/climatesolutionslab/>

Please ALSO spread the word. We love syllabi from lots and lots of people. The
only boundary condition here is “post-secondary courses, about climate change,
taught in the social sciences” – not geophysics or atmospheric science. And
yes, we absolutely want your syllabus even if it is on a broader topic like
“Global Environmental Politics,” so long as it has a sizable climate change
component.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Colgan
Richard Holbrooke Professor of Political Science, Brown University
Director, Climate Solutions Lab
Web: www.jeffcolgan.com <http://www.jeffcolgan.com/>