Hi everyone,

Professor Aoife Daly, at University College Cork's School of Law, is
working on a really interesting (and big) project on children's rights and
climate action, which has a couple of exciting opportunities for PhD and
post-doc research. I'm posting this at her request - please feel free to
pass it on to others you think might be interested.

If you'd like more information, please contact her directly, at
aoife.d...@ucc.ie.

Cheers,
John Knox
Wake Forest University

*PhD Opportunity*

*The **Youth Climate Justice** project will analyse the growing trend of
child and youth climate action, and particularly how children are claiming
and asserting their own rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of the
Child. *

This PhD candidate will engage in academic analysis of litigation and other
action taken by children to achieve climate justice; applying knowledge
from Indigenous studies. Indigenous peoples are amongst the first affected
by the climate crisis and the project will include Indigenous knowledge and
approaches throughout. Previous experience in Indigenous studies AND
work/volunteering with a community group (e.g. an environmental or youth
group) is essential. Experience of children’s rights, environmental rights
and/or first-hand field research is very desirable.

Further details are available here-

News and Events | University College Cork (ucc.ie)
<https://www.ucc.ie/en/law/news/phd-scholarship-opportunity-.html>

--------------

*Postdoctoral opportunity*

*The **Youth Climate Justice** project will analyse the growing trend of
child and youth climate action, and particularly how children are claiming
and asserting their own rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of the
Child. *

I am excited to advertise a 3-year postdoc on my ERC-funded project YOUTH
CLIMATE JUSTICE. You will be working with my international
interdisciplinary team analysing climate cases and consulting children.
Application deadline 12 Sep. Apply on UCC site with code *069831 *

* https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/ <https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/>*