Dear colleagues,

For the EU Horizon funded Achieving High Integrity Voluntary Climate Action
(ACHIEVE<https://www.ru.nl/en/research/research-projects/achieving-high-integrity-voluntary-climate-action-achieve>),
 we are looking for 2 PhD candidates based at Radboud University, Netherlands.

The ACHIEVE project aims to identify opportunities to strengthen and scale up
such voluntary climate action to contribute to reaching net-zero emissions by
mid-century.
·         PhD Candidate on Strengthening integrity and impact of voluntary
climate action. The application deadline is October 30. Link:
https://www.ru.nl/en/working-at/job-opportunities/phd-candidate-strengthening-integrity-and-impact-of-voluntary-climate-action
·                  PhD Candidate on Assessing the sustainability of carbon
credits in voluntary climate action. The application deadline is October 15.
Link:
https://www.ru.nl/en/working-at/job-opportunities/phd-candidate-assessing-the-sustainability-of-carbon-credits-in-voluntary-climate-action

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me (sander.c...@ru.nl) for more
information.

Best,

Sander Chan & Birka Wicke

Dr. Sander Chan
(he/him<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>)
Department of Geography, Planning and Environment | Nijmegen School of
Management | Radboud University | E:
sander.c...@ru.nl<mailto:sander.c...@ru.nl> | T: +31 (0)6 3113 2955 (during CET
office hours)|  Elinor Ostrom Building room 02.151 | Heyendaalseweg 141 | P.O.
Box 9108 | 6500 HK Nijmegen

[signature_2717660715]

Selected recent publications:

  *   Bulkeley, H., Chan, S., Fransen, A., Landry, J., Wagner, A., Seddon, N.,
Deprez. A., Kok, M. (2023) Building Synergies Between Climate & Biodiversity
Governance: A Primer for COP28.<https://shorturl.at/tCNZ0> Report. 1 July 2023.
Durham Univerity, Utrecht University, Radboud University, University of Oxford,
Nature-Based Solutions Initiative, PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment
Agency.
  *   Hsu, A., Chan, S., Roelfsema, M., Schletz, M., Kuramochi, T., Smit, S.,
Deneault, A. (2023) From drumbeating to marching: assessing non-state and
subnational climate action using
data.<https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oneear.2023.08.021> One Earth, 6(9), 1077-1081.
  *   Varadan, S. R., Chandler, C. I. R., Weed, K., Ahmed, S. M., Atuire, C.,
Batheja, D., Bull, S.J., Chan, S., ... & Lewycka, S. (2023). A just transition
for antimicrobial resistance: planning for an equitable and sustainable future
with antimicrobial
resistance.<https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(23)01687-2/fulltext>
 The Lancet.
  *   Teunissen, A., & Chan, S. (2023) Leveraging “Enabling Power” Through
Awarding in Global Climate Governance: Catalytic Impacts of UNFCCC’s Global
Climate Action
Award.<https://direct.mit.edu/glep/article-abstract/doi/10.1162/glep_a_00719/116661/Leveraging-Enabling-Power-Through-Awarding-in?redirectedFrom=fulltext>
 Global Environmental Politics. (online first) 1-24.
  *   Chan, S., Bauer, S., Betsill, M. M., Biermann, F., Boran, I.,
Bridgewater, P., ... & Pettorelli, N. (2023). The Global Biodiversity Framework
Needs a Robust Action Agenda.<https://rdcu.be/c0zzK> Nature Ecology & Evolution.
  *   Chan, S., Hale, T., Deneault, A., Shrivastava, M., Mbeva, K., Chengo, V.,
& Atela, J. (2022). Assessing the effectiveness of orchestrated climate action
from five years of summits.<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-022-01405-6>
Nature Climate Change, 12(7), 628-633.
  *   NewClimate Institute, German Institute of Development and Sustainability
(IDOS), Radboud University. (2022). Global Climate Action 2022: How have
international initiatives delivered, and what more is
possible?<https://newclimate.org/sites/default/files/2022-11/NewClimate_GCA2022_Initiatives_Nov22.pdf>
 Research report prepared by: Kuramochi, T., Chan, S., Smit, S., Deneault, A.,
Pelekh, N.
  *   Widerberg, O.,  Boran, I.,  Chan, S.,  Deneault, A.,  Kok, M. &  Negacz,
K. et al. (2022). Finding synergies and trade-offs when linking biodiversity
and climate change through cooperative
initiatives.<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/1758-5899.13158>
Global Policy,  00, 1– 5.
  *   Obergassel, W., Bauer, S., Hermwille, L., Aykut, S.C., Boran, I., Chan,
S., … & Simeonova K. (2022). From regime‐building to implementation: Harnessing
the UN climate conferences to drive climate
action.<https://wires.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdfdirect/10.1002/wcc.797>
Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change. Aug 13:e797.
  *   Chan, S., Eichhorn, F., Biermann, F., & Teunissen, A. (2021). A Momentum
for Change? Systemic effects and catalytic impacts of transnational climate
action.<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589811621000239>
Earth System Governance, 9, 100119.
  *   Chan, S., Boran, I., Van Asselt, H., Ellinger, P., Garcia, M., Hale, T.,
... & Shrivastava, M. K. (2021). Climate ambition and sustainable development
for a new decade: a catalytic
framework.<https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdfdirect/10.1111/1758-5899.12932>
 Global Policy, 12(3), 245-259.

  *   Hale, T. N., Chan, S., Hsu, A., Clapper, A., Elliott, C., Faria, P., ...
& Widerberg, O. (2021). Sub-and non-state climate action: a framework to assess
progress, implementation and
impact.<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/14693062.2020.1828796?casa_token=dH2HZnEHHcAAAAAA:VO0HbvAETRB3EdwaVrE6eNP1k_2avKtBZhB_-mFfwqexeeNUrUNXqA3HaKaFZbx6URTizkvFzMor>
 Climate Policy, 21(3), 406-420.