All,
I have an assignment in my International Environmental Politics class for them
to write 3 drafts leading up to a term paper evaluating whether a treaty that
they choose was effective.  Since my goal is to have them learn analytic
skills, not data collection skills, I limit them to treaties I have
pre-approved. My pre-approval simply means that I can hand them a spreadsheet
of panel data by country and year on whatever indicator of effectiveness makes
sense for that treaty. I have a fair number of such datasets but have two
requests
So, the question:

  *   First, these datasets get non-current quickly.  I have data from
1993-2010 for Basel but cannot find data from 2010 to present anywhere clearly
marked on the Basel website (I don't have the time to create the dataset from
the national-annual reports that I know are available). If anyone, off-list,
can send me links that have the whole period for all relevant countries, that
would be much appreciated.
  *   Second, if anyone knows of multi-country and at least 20 year datasets
that relate to the behavior regulated by a given treaty and wants to send me
those, that would also be much appreciated.
Thanks from me and my students.
Best,
Ron

Ronald Mitchell, Professor
Department of Political Science and Program in Environmental Studies
University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1284
rmitc...@uoregon.edu<mailto:rmitc...@uoregon.edu>
https://rmitchel.uoregon.edu/
IEA Database Director: https://iea.uoregon.edu/