Dear all,

I'm writing because I, along with James Doss-Gollin, Alex Mayer, Shane
Walker, and Manuela Muñoz, am organizing a session at *AGU
<https://www.agu.org/waterscicon>WaterSciCon
<https://www.agu.org/waterscicon>'s meeting during 24-27 June 2024 in St.
Paul, MN. *

The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, 24 January 2024 at 23:59 EDT.
Abstracts will not be accepted for review after this date. Membership with
AGU is not required for abstract submission; see site
<https://www.agu.org/waterscicon/pages/present/abstracts#fees> for abstract
submission fee information.

WaterSciCon24 will have onsite attendance in St. Paul, Minn. There will
also be on-demand online attendance. Abstract submitters who are unable to
attend onsite may record a presentation to be played and recorded, then
viewed on-demand. Hybrid vs. in person only will be decided by the meeting
program committee after the abstracts are submitted.

We encourage you to submit an abstract to our session: CVPPP-06 -
Integrating Social, Scientific, and Engineering Approaches to Identify and
Address Gaps in Water Infrastructure and Household Water Security
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/hydrology24/prelim.cgi/Session/218553>

   - This session focuses on interdisciplinary research that integrates
   social, scientific, and engineering approaches to understand and improve
   the design, implementation, and impact of water-related infrastructure and
   service provision or management, including for drinking water supply,
   quality, treatment, and governance.
   - We seek contributions incorporating the social, political, or
   behavioral sciences into the design and development of sustainable
   infrastructure as it relates to household water security. We welcome
   research involving interactions with infrastructure engineering
   professionals, water departments or agencies, water governance groups, or
   planning departments or related government agencies.
   - Our discussion will highlight the opportunities and challenges of
   bridging social, scientific, and engineering approaches to address key
   water policy issues. Related research may focus on participatory processes,
   trust, affordability, social capital and social participation, and
   inequality and environmental justice concerns around water infrastructure
   and household water security.

We also would love for you to participate in our learning workshop: WS-30 -
Using Surveys To Measure Water Security, Trust, and Affordability: A
Hands-On Workshop
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/hydrology24/prelim.cgi/Session/218538>

   - This hands-on workshop discusses the theoretical and practical
   opportunities and challenges of measuring water security, trust, and
   affordability with survey methods. We discuss considerations such as the
   unit of analysis, the region or population of interest, and merging survey
   data with other sources. We highlight current validated surveys for
   measuring water security, trust, and affordability in different contexts,
   and we provide an open space for scholars to connect with others studying