Hello everyone!

My name is Devon Cantwell-Chavez and I am the chair of the ISA-ESS Outreach
Committee. One of our newer initiatives (started three years ago) has been
the ISA-ESS mentorship week. This is a *virtual mentorship program *and
this year, it will take place *April 22-28, 2024 *(a nice Earth Day kickoff
🌍). Self-identified early career scholars will be matched with a
mid-career or senior scholar mentor to meet on the day, time, and (online)
platform of their choice during that week. Mentoring sessions will involve
discussions about the job market or the tenure / academic job promotion
process as well as other professional development topics. We will encourage
mentees to share the best piece of advice given to them via Twitter/Bluesky.

To participate as either a mentor or a mentee, you do *not* need to be a
member of ISA or the ESS section (though we would love it if you would
consider this)!

If you would like to be a *mentor*, this would involve a *one-time time
commitment* of approximately *60-90 minutes*. Most of our mentors are
mid-career or senior scholars, however, we often have some students at the
undergrad or masters level who can be an excellent fit with scholars in
their first few years post-PhD. If you would like to mentor, you can access
the form here to indicate your interest and availability:
https://forms.gle/uP7sqRxjVLJq5bF79

If you would like to be a *mentee*, please fill out this form:
https://forms.gle/q8odQtmA87QvGRu59.

We have been able to successfully match everyone each year (we average
around 60 matches per year) and hope to continue this success this year!
Please feel free to forward this opportunity to your students and
colleagues.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,
Devon Cantwell-Chavez

--
Devon Cantwell-Chavez