Gep-ed Colleagues,
This piece demonstrates the value of connecting LGBTQ early career scholars and
graduate students to ISA’s LGBTQ caucus (and presumably other such
organizations).
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/epub/10.1177/03043754231183560

Abstract
In this commentary, from our positionality as members of the LGBTQA Caucus
executive committee, we consider the academic and embodied barriers that stand
in the way of a more inclusive IR from the perspective of queer and trans
scholars in the discipline. We offer our reflections from our positionalities
as queer scholars applying queer theory in IR, including our work in the Caucus
to support LGBTQ + scholars in the discipline as a means of confronting what
continues to be a very narrowly accessible space – geographically, financially,
socially and linguistically. Relatedly, we consider the embodied experience of
not belonging to the discipline of IR; an experience that many LGBTQ + scholars
will recognise.

Cheers,
--Stacy
Stacy D. VanDeveer
Professor of Global Governance & Human Security
Dept of Conflict Resolution, Human Security and Global
Governance<https://mccormack.umb.edu/academics/crhsgg>, McCormack School of
Policy & Global Studies,  UMass Boston
&
2023-24 Zennström Visiting Professor of Climate Leadership, Dept of Earth
Sciences, Uppsala University

--Google Scholar Publications
List<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=veizRrAAAAAJ&hl=en>---