-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of stacy
vandeveer
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 3:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: good student papers ??

Gep-ed Colleagues,

Like most of you, I suspect, I often have 2 or 3 students (grad and/or
undergraduate) whose semester research papers are considerably more
ambitious, innovative and well researched than the others. In other
words,
of a couple papers really stand out.  So, I have questions for you...

1) Are there places for publication of student papers that you would
recommend?

2) If there is interest, I wonder if those of us who meet at the ESS
section of the International Studies Associate might think more about
how
we might give outlets for these exception student papers.  On on-line
journal or working paper series, perhaps?   Something to highlight good
student work from those who are not writing a dissertation....(not that
there's anything wrong with that!)

Just December thoughts and questions that are happily distracting me
from
doing THE REST of my grading...

--Stacy

Stacy D. VanDeveer