Dear gep-eders,

I attach below a query posted to an environmental-studies list to which I below from a colleague at Marist College. I too would be interested in the answer to his question, if anyone on the list has a favored source or citation at their fingertips.

Many thanks,
Mike Maniates

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for publications that quantify the costs that are externalized
during the various production stages and use of oil, and especially of
gasoline.
The goal is to determine how much gasoline should cost if the price
accounted for
environmental and health damage.  Other externalized costs are also
important,
e.g. military expenditures, social disruption, and government
subsidies.  Also, has an economic analysis of the Exxon Valdez spill
been done?  Conventional bibliographic and web searching by one of
my students is not revealing much careful and recent study.

Thank you for any recommended sources,
Rich

Richard S. Feldman, Chair
Department of Environmental Science & Policy
School of Science
Marist College
Donnelly Hall - Rm 228
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387