Hi all,

I'm writing a paper about opposition within the EU to export of spent nuclear
fuel to Russia or elsewhere outside the EU. I'm framing the paper as a study of
(some of) the conditions under which domestic concerns about the commission of
global environmental injustices abroad might cause countries to forbear
otherwise advantageous exports of environmental hazards, even if the
prospective importers are ready and willing.

Thus far, I have found no studies in the academic literature that bear directly
on this question. All of the studies of global environmental justice that I
have seen have been (a) normative, (b) studies of the practices that lead to
the export of hazards, (c) studies of the reasons why potential importers might
agree to participate, or (d) studies of efforts by potential importers to stop
such practices. Missing (as far as I can tell) are studies of the circumstances
under which potential EXPORTERS might voluntarily change their own practices in
response to INTERNAL criticism.

Have any of you written about this, or do you know of anyone who has?

Many thanks,
Rob Darst
Assistant Professor of Political Science
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth