Kennan returned to some of these themes, notably from his moral-religious
perspective, in "Morality and Foreign Policy," FOREIGN AFFAIRS 64, 2
(1985/86).

On 8/22/05 12:12 PM, "Kate O'Neill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This may be old news for some, but I was quite pleased to find the
> following article by George F. Kennan, "To Prevent a World Wasteland:
> A Proposal", from Foreign Affairs, 1970 (ie pre-Stockholm), on line,
> and free (out of copyright):
>
> http://www.foreignaffairs.org/19700401faessay48301/george-f-kennan/to-prevent-
> a-world-wasteland-a-proposal.html?mode=print
>
> I thought it would make a neat intro for my undergrad class to how
> environmental diplomacy was viewed back then, from a well-known
> practitioner.
>
> Any similar suggestions welcome....
>
> best,
>
> Kate

P. Harris
Politics & Sociology Dept.
Lingnan University
Tuen Mun, N.T.
HONG KONG

Tel: +852-2616-7199
Fax: +852-2891-7940
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Project on Environmental Change
and Foreign Policy Website:
http://www.ln.edu.hk/projects/ecfp/Home
Information transmitted in this message is
intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.
Do not share this message, information
contained in it or its attachments without
first receiving the written permission to
do so from its author. The author/sender is
not responsible or liable for any consequences
arising from the forwarding or sharing of
this message or its attachments. If you
are not the addressee you may not copy or
deliver this message to anyone and you
should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. The sender
does not accept liability for this message or
its contents, nor for any viruses that may be
transmitted in or with this message or its
attachments.