Any ideas on where to send this guy? He probably has as much influence as most of us put together! Thanks, Rob

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 3:41 PM
Subject: Hello from a former student

Hi Professor,

I was in your ES51 course my senior year at Brown, back in spring 2004. I'm now working for Morgan Stanley in New York; I definitely miss college, but its been a pretty good job so far.

There has been an interesting shift in the firm over the last 6 months in placing a greater emphasis on the reality of global warming and a desire to understand how companies might be incentivised to clean up under a new legal regime. Its pretty heartening stuff to hear, and I was hoping you could recommend some reading (in addition to your book of course!) about who would be winners and losers under Kyoto, how an emissions trading system would work, and other incentives that may be put in place to encourage better environmental stewardship.  In a related note, one interesting proposal that we've been hearing kicked around is that the U.S. Government would give Ford and GM a massive credit for their healthcare costs, in exchange for large improvements in fuel economy. Its a long-shot with this administration, but interesting nonetheless.

Hope all is well!

best,
Andrew Sheets
Brown '04

This is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) to buy/sell the securities/instruments mentioned. Morgan Stanley may deal as principal in or own or act as market maker to securities/instruments mentioned or may advise the issuers. This may refer to a research analyst/research report. For additional information, research reports and important disclosures, contact me or see https://secure.ms.com. We do not represent this is accurate or complete and we may not update this. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. This communication is solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. We do not waive confidentiality by mistransmission. Contact me if you do not wish to receive these communications. This communication is directed in the UK to those persons who are market counterparties or intermediate customers (as defined in the UK Financial Services Authority's rules).