GEPED Folks:

Offsets as selling indulgences indeed!! Brilliant!

In so far as carbon offsets connect to the odd world of carbon trading and
the international market for, dare I say it, hot air, one critical volume
that has come my way recently which has considerable teaching potential is:

Development Dialogue 2006 Carbon Trading: A Critical Conversation on Climate
Change, Privatisation and Power*,* *Development Dialogue* No 46. [
http://www.dhf.uu.se/publications.html]

Its a cautionary tale done in student friendly terms with lots of examples
and case studies. And you can use electrons instead of paper, if your
electricity supply is friendly in carbon terms, by downloading the pdf
for free, rather than buying the book in paper.

S.D.

--
Simon Dalby, Ph.D.
Professor, Carleton University