Beth, Try:
Neumayer, Eric. 2002. Do democracies exhibit stronger international environmental commitment? Journal of Peace Research 39 (2):139-164.
Ron

At 12:04 PM 7/24/2007, Beth DeSombre wrote:
Anyone have any good articles/chapters/readings to suggest on the impact
of democracy on environmental protection?  I know there are multiple
different arguments about the effects of democracy on protection of the
environment, and I'd like to find some (that make different arguments)
that are appropriate for a sophomore level class.

Any suggestions?

Beth

Ronald Mitchell, Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1284
Phone: 541-346-4880/Fax: 541-346-4860
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.uoregon.edu/~rmitchel/
International Environmental Agreements Database: http://iea.uoregon.edu/
Dissertations Initiative for the Advancement of Climate Change Research (DISCCRS): http://www.disccrs.org/ New Book: Global Environmental Assessments: Information and Influence, Edited by Ronald B. Mitchell, William C. Clark, David W. Cash and Nancy M. Dickson http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11038