From: Ruba Marshood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: gep-ed@listserve1.allegheny.edu
Sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 7:54 pm
Subject: microfinance and fisheries

Hi All,

Wondering if you have any ideas or have information on any microfinance
programs designed to assist impoverished fishing communities to develop
sustainable practices - whether that entail building their voice in their local
political arena, or to develop opportunities for livelihood transitions away
from fishing - or any other opportunities.? Would be happy to elaborate, though
in this brainstorming stage, don't have much more to offer.? Otherwise, I am
very open to any and all suggestions.

Many thanks!!
ruba

http://mail.aol.com