Hi my friends and colleagues:

I hope that you will forgive what might come across as a minor act of
self-promotion, but I thought that this might be of interest to some of
you looking at the intersection between environmental politics,
aboriginality/indigeneity, and ecotourism.  I therefore provide for your
interest a link to this article about an ecotourism site established by
the Tsou aboriginal nation of Taiwan, that I have just published in the
international journal Annals of Tourism Research.  The story of the Tsou
is, I think, an important one, and I hope that I have not done it an
injustice in the telling.

http://www.sciencedirect.com.helicon.vuw.ac.nz/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_u
di=B6V7Y-4PR42CK-4&_user=1495406&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F2007&_rdoc=4&_fmt=
summary&_orig=browse&_srch=doc-info(%23toc%235855%232007%23999659995%236
69306%23FLA%23display%23Volume)&_cdi=5855&_sort=d&_docanchor=&_ct=33&_ac
ct=C000053190&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=1495406&md5=dff7a45ee4a48
54b0187e96034b876c9
<http://www.sciencedirect.com.helicon.vuw.ac.nz/science/journal/01607383

or

doi:10.1016/j.annals.2007.04.002
<http://dx.doi.org.helicon.vuw.ac.nz/10.1016/j.annals.2007.04.002>

Cheers,

Bill

PS: One minor typo.  The Tsou conservation ethic is called "autucu" or
"aututsu", where each u has a horizontal line through it (a unique Tsou
sound).  This special character evaded ATR so it was dropped and the
word was incorrectly rendered "atc".  This in turn escaped my notice!

BH