Hello all,

I just received the following info from the MEES (Marine Estuarine
Environmental Studies) program at U Maryland.  I think many people on this list
will benefit from knowing about these sites as well.

In particular, the first link pasted below is to a yellow pages of foundations
that fund environmental research.  I was amazed by how many foundations there
are that provide money... There are also useful links for environmental
education.

--Best wishes,
Miranda Schreurs (my new email address is: [EMAIL PROTECTED])

"NLE Yellow Pages" is a metasite where you can find condensed funding
information from Non-profits that support and have reserved grants for
environmental research,
http://www.ncseonline.org/NLE/Links/LinksDetail.cfm?custom21=NLE%20Yellow%20Pages&custom22=Foundations

"Professional Resources" link has an "Environmental Awards" link that also has
monetary prizes in support of career development AND research development,
http://www.ncseonline.org/NLE/Links/LinksDetail.cfm?custom21=Professional%20Resources&custom22=Environmental%20Awards

"Environmental Education Resources" is the link for teachers, community
outreach, and personal lab development grants (i.e., covers the needs and/or
that supports individuals other than the primary PI if its not a traditional
instructional setting)
http://www.ncseonline.org/NLE/Links/LinksDetail.cfm?custom21=Education%20Resources&custom22=Environmental%20Education

Another helpful link would be: http://fundingopps.cos.com/