Another one from me. I second also the Weart book, a great history of the
science (Bert Bolin has one out also but while very authoritative, is pretty
dry). But I admit to not liking the weathermakers at all. It does depend
what you want the book to do, but it's 18 chapters on the latest evidence on
why we've probably had it, and one chapter on responses and politics. The
last chapter on what is in my view (and I suspect I'm not the only one on
this list!) the most important bit is truly awful - factual errors all over
the place and a really htin understanding. The journalists (the Linden book
I mentioned, Kolbert's Field Notes from a Catastrophe, Monbiot, Lynas,
probably Friedman but I haven't read him yet) are all bette on the politics
than the scientists.

Cheers

Mat
--
Matthew Paterson
École d'études politiques, Université d'Ottawa

Web site:
http://www.socialsciences.uottawa.ca/pol/eng/profdetails.asp?ID=123
Co-editor, Global Environmental Politics:
http://www.mitpressjournals.org/loi/glep