At 07:47 PM 1/31/2009, Wallace, Richard wrote:
Yale University's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies offers interdisciplinary master's degrees: <http://environment.yale.edu/>http://environment.yale.edu/.

I would second this. Our school's approach, including admissions requirements, are based on students enhancing their knowledge of physical and biological sciences, as well as a strong emphasis on policy and governance (from perspectives of political science, economics, law, anthropology, sociology and so son).

Best

Ben

Cheers,

Rich

----------

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Wilkening" <k...@unbc.ca>
To: gep-ed@listserve1.allegheny.edu
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:56:48 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Schools offering joint environmental science/policy degree

Dear GEP-EDers:

I have an undergraduate student who is interested in pursuing a joint environmental science and policy MA. She will be completing a BS in environmental science. She wishes to study policy and at the same time continue her science training.

Can you suggest school/programs (anywhere in the world) with such combined study? Self-interested promotion of your own school/program is welcomed.

Thank you,
Ken Wilkening

International Studies Program
University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)
3333 University Way
Prince George, BC
Canada V2N 4Z9

Tel: (250) 960-5768
Fax: (250) 960-5545
Email: <mailto:k...@unbc.ca>k...@unbc.ca

Ben Cashore, Professor
Environmental Governance & Political Science
Director, Program on Forest Policy and Governance
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University
230 Prospect Street, Room 206, New Haven, CT 06511-2104
203 432-3009 (w); 203 464-3977 (cell); 203 432-0026 (fax);
www.yale.edu/environment/cashore; www.yale.edu/ypfc