It may be longer than you want, but my methods "bible" is Bernard's
Research Methods in Anthropology (now in its 4th edition).  It covers
unstructured, seminstructured, and structured interviews, focus
groups, research record keeping, sample selection, and bunches of
other useful topics.  I have had dozens of students who've done
research and who've successfully used Bernard either in whole or in
part.  I usually sit down with them and the book, and I point out the
specific sections which would be useful for them.

Peter Rogers