Thanks to everyone who responded on this thread about reading material for an upper division climate policy and responses class! Here are the responses I received:

1) I taught a course like this last semester and found there is no good single textbook that works for the whole course. I used excerpts from Joe DiMento and Pam Doughman's edited volume CLIMATE CHANGE: WHAT IT MEANS FOR US, OUR CHILDREN AND OUR GRANDCHILDREN which gave some good background and frameworks we could use. But info on actual initiatives changes so fast and is probably better presented with recent articles and reports. -- Michele Betsill, who also has a syllabus available if anyone wants it (m.bets...@colostate.edu)

2) Ron Mitchell has a draft of a chapter available entitled: "Non- intergovernmental solutions to international environmental problems" available from Ron on request (rmitc...@uoregon.edu)

3) Atmospheric Justice: A Political Theory of Climate Change by Steve Vanderheiden just won the Sprout award at ISA (which awards what the committee sees as the best international environmental book of the year). I have not read it yet, but the simple fact of the award indicates it is probably worth a look.

4) Henrik Selin and Stacy D. VanDeveer have a piece in Review of Policy Research, Volume 24, Number 1 (2007) "Political Science and Prediction: What’s Next for U.S.Climate Change Policy?" and Stacy and Henrik also have a book coming out on North American climate politics in April from MIT press.

Thanks all!
Lisa

--
Lisa Dilling, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies